Tourism activities have been allowed in Andaman & Nicobar Islands w.e.f 27/09/2020 i.e World Tourism Day.
Tourism activities are allowed in -
1) South Andaman (except Little Andaman). Hence, the major tourist destinations which are open in South Andaman District are Port Blair, Swaraj Dweep & Shaheed Dweep.
2) North & Middle Andaman District now has been opened w.e.f. 23/02/2021. Hence, tourist attractions like Baratang (Limestone caves), Long Island, and Rose & Smith Island etc. which lie in North & Middle Andaman are now open for tourists.
The district of Nicobar as well as Little Andaman Tehsil of South Andaman District are not open for tourist.
Vide Order No.536 dt.26/09/2020, and Order No.682 dt.18/11/2020 following activities have been allowed, in principle:-
1. Beaches. 2. Light & Sound Show at Cellular Jail. 3. Light & Sound Show at Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Island. 4. Museums. 5. Boat rides 6. Snorkeling 7. Scuba Diving 8. Sea-walk 9. Sea-kart 10. Para- sailing 11. Jet-ski 12. Swimming Pools
SOP’s have been prescribed for these activities, which, need to be followed scrupulously considering COVID-19 pandemic.
1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative report from mainland based ICMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st January 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th December, 2020).
2. RTPCR for kids above 1 year is compulsory.
3. No institutional or home quarantine is required to be observed if the tourist has tested negative in RTPCR test at ICMR approved lab.
4. Compulsory Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) shall be conducted on all incoming passengers at the Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair, free of cost.
5. The tourists/passengers upon arival whould then be transported to Govt. Sr. Sec. School, School Line and ITF Ground for conduct of RAT tests, where they have to spend minimum of a hour time or till the report of RAT comes out.
6. The persons who are tested negative shall be allowed to proceed further. The tourists/passengers (if any) tested positive shall be shifted to Government run COVID Care Centres or designated private hotels on payment basis.
If the tourist tests positive during arrival or stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per the existing health protocols. The cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourist as fixed by the administration from time to time.
Govt. ferries to Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep are operating. The tourists shall approach the office of the Deputy Commissioner, South Andaman for reservation. Private ferries to Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep have also been started. The tickets for the same can be purchased online from the concerned ferry operators well in advance.
Tickets can be obtained for the ferries operating to NSCB Islands, North Bay and Jolly Buoy from the single window counter established in the Directorate of IP&T.
The tickets can be booked online on website of tourism department - https://www.andamantourism.gov.in/etourist
Fortunately, Andaman & Nicobar has one of the lowest COVID positive cases in the country to ensure that it remains so, movement of individuals from 10.00 PM to 5.00 AM is prohibited except for when the individuals is travelling to a destination and has valid tickets to show